Monday, 26 June 2017

Lost In The Not Fun House: Ode To Relationships With Men


At St. Helen’s

Too many rooms and not enough room for us
Too much disarray and not enough rays of light
Too much clutter and not enough puttering around home
Too much running around, not enough homeward bound.

So much tossing out the trash
But never ever cleaning it up
Too much hustle, and never a moment for joy
Not enough smelling of the roses, never the time to bend.

Our life, our lives are lost in the big, big house
Too much stifle and not enough breath for us
Too much that does not move, and always moving too much
Too little time for affection and not enough touch
Too much dismay and just not enough, enough.

If you could have touched me and put that first
If you could have loved me, if I had been your thirst
If you could have seen that I had all the love to give
If you could have let yourself and me live, live!

I was lost in the not fun house
And I could not get out
I was lost in the not fun house
And that’s what this poem is all about.




cailin raine

No comments:

Post a Comment