Not long now
The years fly by so fast I hardly have time
To notice the sabbats and the seasons
My limbs creak and my body aches
I never thought it would come to this.
By next September I will receive the cheque
The one that tells me that I am now… old!
Oh boy. Security they
tell us
Well by now of course, we know there is no such thing
Security in a world of turmoil and strife and fake news
We never expected that big joke south of us
He is Humpty Dumpty sitting on his imaginary wall
And he will undoubtedly take the big fall
When that happens we will clap for glee.
Most of the time I think that all the king’s horses
And all the king’s men, can never put Humpty Dumpty
Or anything else… together again.
But I still walk into my forest at times
Not so often as before, but the enchantment is still there
Always will be, and I hope now, that my ashes can be spread
In one of my favourite forest haunts.
Time goes on, my children and their children will go on
One day perhaps we can all rejoice in that place beyond
That elusive dream, … but when we arrive, reality!
Then we can see the why and the when and the where
We can understand the reasons for all of this
Down here below we only have the murky mirror
But in heaven it all becomes so clear.
Our vision is whole, our bodies are ethereal
And we finally find that there is no need to fear
Because love does go on… and on… and on.
cailin raine
No comments:
Post a Comment