White delphiniums reaching to the sky
Tall candles burning, calling you and I
Needing to rejoin — to conquer life's refrain
Joining mother — daughter in
Everlasting refrain.
Was it karma from before? that broke us
Shut the door? — what misunderstanding
Took you from my side — some other mother
Molding you and others as your guide.
Nothing ever felt the same, nothing ever will
Life has lost its lustre, long ago my heart was still
Now I feel the loss — the same as years ago
It worms its way to everywhere, it kills, it creeps, it shows.
There is no happiness for me, you may not know the depth
Of love my mother heart was full, you kept me in this life
You were the reason I shouldered on, through depravity and strife
You still live within my soul — I pray for you to see
That tomorrow is another day and you might wish to be
By my side again to find connection, meaning, to be free
Of past hurts and history that need not keep you away
Forgiveness is the ending rhyme and kindness yearns to stay.
Daughter light the candle and watch the flowers growing high
They give of their beauty and towards the sky they fly
Let the god-light shimmer in your soul and in your eyes
Lift your heart to heaven and hear my silent cries.
White delphiniums reaching to the sky
Tall candles burning, calling you and I
Needing to rejoin, to conquer life's refrain
Joining mother-daughter in
Everlasting refrain.
for my daughter Tanis who is my little flower, missing you and loving you forever, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment