Sunday, 23 August 2015

Sliver Moon

Sliver Moon


At night when the sky seems navy blue
And the moon shines golden
I see a picture postcard dotted with amber stars
The moon is a tiny sliver
Drawn there just for me
And I expect to see the funny cows and cartoon characters
Come bouncing over a painted, metallic rainbow
Impossible in a night sky
But dreams see possibility in everything.

Being a dreamer has also made me a writer
And I love being this
When I see the sliver moon
I hear my Dad calling me “Sliver”
And my Mom’s nickname for me… “Wee Chicken”
The warm fuzziness of childhood memories
Create the little golden chickens and cows
That come bouncing over that sliver moon
Delivering joy, exuberance, and magic
My world seems happy, safe, enchanted
And I am delivered like a postcard with a stamp
To that place of magic where dreams are real.                                                                                

 cailin raine

No comments:

Post a Comment