Sunday, 21 February 2016

Ode To Brother Glenn


You were the one to taunt and tease
And "bug" as brothers do
But I was always glad I had
A brother just like you.

I thought it was the greatest
To have a male protector
Bet you loved me on your bike
A constant wee reflector.

You suffered through some tantrums
And learned to tolerate
Did you deserve a sis like me?
I guess it just was fate.

My girlfriends always thought I had
A brother so good-looking
They were all so jealous when
You were "Sandra Cooking" !

Later on you married wise
I gained a lovely sister
You ran the high school by yourself
And people called you Mister.

You thought that I was cute enough
A pretty neat wee gal
What a disappointment when
I settled down with Al.

Now that we grow middle-aged
And a little wiser too
It's fun to think back on the times
I had to share with you.

Years add appreciation and
I know my whole life through
That always I'll be glad I have
A brother just like you.

with love, little sister
cailin raine
written in August, 1994
Copyright © Colleen Weber


No comments:

Post a Comment