They rolled together sweet in their fur,
Oblivious to the cement and sharp objects,
Too quick to feel any discomfort, abandoned
and carefree
Tumbling over themselves in eager pursuit
Of each other, each other's little body, the
best of friends
Little pals.
Over and over again...boredom is not in their
minds
The sunbeams entertain and they watch in
endless
Fascination
A little swat and they go again
Somersaulting in forever play
The wind and the rain and the shadows play
along
Drinking in the wholesomeness of the woolly
little fellows
Who pounce and play in their topple dance
Head over heels and rolling in kitten glee.
I creep away silently...tiptoeing backwards
To not disturb their frolicking
I am not a part of their freedom
But I am honored and cherished to glimpse
This little bit of magic!
They did not know I watched their world...
I move away awed by this rapture
Enchanted by
The kittens' tumble, little dance.
cailin raine
It was a sunny, breezy day at the farm near St. Helen's... we usually had a nest of kittens hidden between the hay bales. These little guys were grey striped and white, pudgy and just at the cutest stage where they were strong and able to do whatever they liked, but still small and adorable. Full of energy and delight, they were so swift and focused on their game; it was a real joy to watch them and become a part of their world for a little while.
ReplyDelete