It caught my eye
That shimmer-gleam between the rocks
Bending ice
That gave beneath my feet
An accommodation unexpected.
What a gift!
Shining a secret my way
Water that pooled in the hollows
Then froze and rendered a footing
A floor to help me find my way.
I continued on my rocky, crooked path
And thought of how much it seemed
Like life itself
Twisting, smoothing, pliant, giving
A turn here and there.
Then around the next corner
Sheer surprize!!
The cliff dropped from this dizzying
height
Where now? Oh God, this was not my plan
But then I see the marbled way down.
Natural steps embedded in the cliff
Not always regular, but adequate
My boots gripped the pillars’
strength
I descended, apprehensive at first
Then gaining confidence.
At the bottom I turned my face
upwards
To look at the sheer enormity of my descent
I marvelled at the feat that I had
accomplished
It started with glimmer-magic on my
pathway
And ended here by the soft waters
lapping at my feet.
I gazed across the dappled lake,
trembling in pewter
Towards the rusty sun creeping down
A gull dipped low to call out its
mourning
There would be another kind of
morning
A new dawn would reveal more magic.
Then? I
would be ready with my boots
Ready to tramp, or hike, or holler
Whatever that new life would ask of
me…
What new adventure!
What new path? ...
What new path? ...
Might glimmer and catch my eye.
cailin raine
No comments:
Post a Comment