Were you glad when I asked you to dance?
Did you smile when you held me that time?
Did you think we’d ever kiss?
Now I’m in your arms tonight…
I think I’ll be there forever
Yes I think we’ll be just fine
You are now my man forever
You just take my breath away!
Were you glad to see my smile?
When we danced slowly ‘cross the floor
Did you think we’d fall in love?
I hope we dance forever more!
For you are my hero baby
And I think we’ll be just fine
I want your arms forever
You just take my breath away!
When we’re alone and you touch me
I know heaven’s gate is open wide
And when we love you move in me
And my soul keeps perfect time!
You’re my every waking moment
You’re the one I waited for
You can trust my love forever
You just take my breath away!
Just promise me we’ll always dance
And you’ll put your hand in mine
We’ll walk together towards that gate
The journey then like mellow wine!
Still you’ll be my hero baby
And the years will give us more
Than we ever hoped to cherish
You just take my breath away
You just take my breath away
Anytime!
cailin raine
With a "velveteen nod" to the song "You Can Be My Hero Baby".... I wrote my own version, somewhere around 2002.
ReplyDelete