"It was a while back that you came to Me
And I was happy child
To have you walk with your hand in Mine
And teach you meek and mild.
We were pretty close then,
But then you went away and I watched sadly
As you walked a different path.
And I felt those nails
When you turned away from Me
I felt those nails again
Just like I did back then
When they crucified My Love
And refused to look above...
For the best of ways to live!
My child I want to give you everything!
You know I was there
When the one you so loved hurt you
And I was there a little later when
Your son went to live with him
Later still your daughter followed
And you thought you'd lose your mind.
So you turned away from Me
You thought I wasn't there!
And I felt those nails
When you turned away from Me
I felt those nails again
Just like I did back then
When they crucified My Love
And refused to look above
For the best of ways to live!
My child I want to give you everything!
But I was there!
When you lay alone on your bed
To weep your grief and cry
And I was there!
When the sun shone through your window
But you turned away.
You didn't see the rainbow
That I put beside the cloud
Where the vision of the angel
Was meant to bring you Home
You see child...I was always there!"
cailin raine
No comments:
Post a Comment