Thursday, 28 May 2020

Dance


You dance
 by me
 inhaling each breath
A living thing
movements almost dreamlike
your energy awakening
A focus  within
concentrated warmth
my guardian of shadows
Spirit of dance
into your haven escort me
in song and sorrow
For in you
 I am transformed
released
realized
Whole at last

(In memory of a young friend who was finding her way in the world as only the innocent can)

Dance sweet one whom I admire,
envy, love
As you move I watch your arms flow outward
Enveloping a world of femininity
Reaching out and quickening in delight
Towards a horizon neither of us
Knows.
Oh!  Dance!
Am I to watch your grace and not feel?
Am I to sit and let your fragrance impel me?
Shall I keep my heartbeat to myself
Or let my blood flow out in boldness to you
My friend, I know you
I smell your body and your hair
Familiar with your touch and the feel of
Your skin alive in the gentle glow of bedside light
Almost ready for a real love
For now experimenting with girl-woman delight
Delectable you are in flowing gown
Dancing and flowing still
Like the very blood of my veins
And of my soul.
                 Oh, my love, Dance!        

(these are her words edited by me)              

No comments:

Post a Comment