Oh,
Ireland, isle of faeries
Leprechauns
and yarns
How
I yearn to see your greenness
And
tread past thatched barns
Your
dirt paths lead to the Cliffs of Moher
Where
the Atlantic thrashes wild
I
stoop to touch the wild sweet flowers
And
breathe the breezes mild
I
am sheltered under aspen trees
As
I rest my weary feet
I
stand to see the crashing waves
And
I gaze o’er roaring seas
Your
legends dance within my mind
Your
stories graze my soul
You
touch places in me never seen
As
your church bells swing and toll
You’ve
always lived within my veins
I’ve
loved you isle of green
No
better land, sea or mountains
In
this world ever seen
So
come ye little people!
And
take me by the hand
Show
me your treasures, hidden gems
I’ll
wear my Irish band!
My forever dream is to walk the Irish trails, see the plains and the mountains, the rivers, bays and magical landscape and breathe in the feeling of faeries watching always. Just a few facts.... "The western coastline is rugged, with many islands, peninsulas, headlands and bays. The island is bisected by the River Shannon, which at 360.5 km (224 mi) with a 102.1 km (63 mi) estuary is the longest river in Ireland and flows south from County Cavan in Ulster to meet the Atlantic just south of Limerick. There are a number of sizeable lakes along Ireland's rivers, of which Lough Neagh is the largest."
ReplyDelete