Saturday, 4 April 2020

Blood Moon 2020



My body slows from ache and angst
My limbs heavier and sullen
I snail towards the bed and
Lie in relief and exhaustion
This subtle change has crept its way
From slight to limiting to omnipresent
At first a slowing down of daily pace
And now an unrelenting murderous force
Stealing away my life.

I will not give up.
When I walk the beach shore now
I stop more often
I sit on more stones
And I gaze longer at the sun's shimmer
Lazing along the water's grace.

How much longer can I come to this place?
I can imagine walking
Far past the horizon which is now glowing red
I have come through haze, and dust, that trickled
Inside moments which needed to be happy ones
The chaff and the prickles marring my way.

I have come through lost love and people who turned from me
Just when I was loving them the most …
I have walked alone too many times and my heart burns
I tried my best and now it seems I only faltered and failed.

I look towards the sunset and it feels like it might be my last
But does God want to give me one more chance?
There will be a day when the healing comes
Maybe a red day when everyone must notice
For the writing is in the sky for all to see.

A Red Day to show us a better path towards the Sun.
cailin raine

No comments:

Post a Comment