It came to me in a dream, out of a book, playing with my mind
Blond yellow brick strutting its verandah with a big maple
right beside
Honeysuckle vines twine high up the wooden posts lending
their
Sweet fragrance wafting towards the open kitchen window.
Butterflies dance around the buddleia bush, casting an
ethereal
Dreamlike lull to the homey scene — my bare feet skim the
grass
There is a big glass jar on the porch, left there to catch fireflies
And lanterns adorn the edge of the garden full of perennials.
White lace stirs inside the open window, whispering a secret
“You belong here”… and my heart answers and my mind opens
There is a long rail fence ambling its way up the field by
the laneway
It is August, and a little dry, a dusty feel to everything,
but the breeze
Blows softly and freshens my soul, I quicken with the essence
Of this place, this dream, a foretelling of where I am to be.
Behind the house near the old well there is a rock garden
Patches of basil, rosemary, sage and thyme spill over the
edges
Parsley, mint and chives adorn the stone ornaments softly
I sit with my back against the huge flat rock and let the sun
Cast its strength upon me, I lift my face and smile for I am
ready
To let his arms enfold me and at last — feel his kiss awake
me.
cailin raine
No comments:
Post a Comment