Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Crooked Creek

It was a rainy day when I found Crooked Creek
I'd walked south from my cabin, where I'd been just one week.

The raindrops softly coaxed me from my gentle, spurting fire
And I knew that in the damp, fresh air that I would not soon tire.

I'd come this way just once before, but stopped short of the fence
For saplings grew in twisted clumps, and the undergrowth was dense.

But as the silky raindrops fell, I'd spotted a tiny fawn
And knew that I would follow her, perhaps back to my own lawn.

But she cleared the fence with perfect ease, and I was bent to find
Just where her dainty path might lead; it seemed we were of one mind.

She led me to the gushing spring from whence clean water poured
And the purest liquid bubbled, pooled, then down Crooked Creek it roared.

I knew the creek, she's aptly named, she has many twists and bends
And just like Life's own pathway, down yonder murky depths she ends.

But only for a little while does she run underground
And then she re-emerges, more swift and strong, profound!

For as in Life, it seems she's found that there is no need to hide
And after Life's harsh, painful ways, there is Another Side.

And on that Other Side we find a happiness profound
We think back to the time our thoughts were mostly homeward bound.

It's then we find that time has gone and our minds are crystal clear
We see into the Blessed Mirror, there is nothing now to fear.

We will walk in shimmering sunlight, our footprints soft and neat
We'll look into His wondrous eyes, and now be made complete.

We'll think back to the time we saw the sweet young fawn so brown
And understand the meaning now, of the morning and the dawn.

There always is another chance, another day to pray
Another day to follow Him, another way to say...

"Lord, You are so beautiful, and I remember You,
I can see your laughing eyes, your throat so brown and true.

Your head is thrown back laughing, and the love shines in your eyes."
I know then you were in that fawn, the veil so thin, it lies...

Just inside Your Heaven's door and sometimes You just choose
To come here and visit us, but we must watch for You!

We can choose to see You, your Glory all around
And after that last sunset, we finally are found.

Held so tightly in your arms, your precious baby home
We can then rest in You, beside your Wondrous Throne.

Lord, 'til then please help us, be with us each week
Guide our footsteps Father, as we flow down Crooked Creek.

cailin raine

No comments:

Post a Comment