Saturday, 20 August 2016

Ten Thousand Kisses Deep


Alias:  “Ode to The Men That Woo”


I need this substance, this creative dream of mind and essence
Men, legends across time, history made simply by their being
Ladies’ men, remembered more, better, because they remain long
In the hearts of women; these men who act and rule and write and sing....
"So Long, Marianne"...
Dustin, Leonard, Christopher and Pierre, I bow and admire and yearn
The stuff of steel and poetry and humour and strength and song
Words, rhyme, famous lines, quotes, verse that touches soul, a smile…
"Just watch me!",
Your faces etched in the depths of me, songs bottomless with love
Soul to soul you have reached me in the places most do not
My body stretches and my mind extends and my arms reach out
I need the endless kiss of “ten thousand kisses deep",
I have lived this need that lurks inside our souls, always searching for more.

Dark Leonard, I am with you inside the ten thousand lonely nights
Why anyone's path to be deprived, when we carry the passion of devils…
Is that one thing that I shall never understand, no, not at all.

Men like you ride somewhere beneath the moon, or in the sunlight's rays
Your words follow us to our graves; I will follow the sky and the edge of the light
Until I find that my arms have finally reached your kind, and I can stay inside
The deep-throated kiss…
                                                                                    

                                                                                                   cailin raine

No comments:

Post a Comment