There is a Mountain full of hope, but I cannot seem to reach the top
Where the summit brings joy and peace
I sit stranded somewhere near the middle on a precipice where the rocks
Are jagged and dig mercilessly into my back and poke at my sides
With a giddy laugh!
My face is smeared in dirt and tears, even when I have scrubbed and soaked
And other people think I am shiny clean like the sun, all yellow, orange, cheerful
But inside I cry and cry and I ask the River for streams of mercy and life-giving
Water...for my throat is dry, so dry that I cannot even scream.
Somewhere in a desert is a man, stranded just like me
And the cactus pricks his hands, and he bleeds inside of his own heart
He cries inside of his own tears and I do not hear him scream
Because I do not know how to listen even to my own.
The sand blows hot and wild about him; the wind drives hard around me
We are separated by the huge, black clouds lurking about our bodies
While the breezes toss nearby lulling and singing...
"Be free!, Can't you see? All you have to do is reach out!
Take each other's hand and the sands will blow away!
The Mountain will crumble and the black clouds will part!
It will rise again with rocks of gold, and you will fall and worship
Then you will both dance into the Sunbeam...
She has been waiting, waiting, for you both to reach out to Love."
"Just reach", says the Wind
"Sing", says the Rain
"Be free", cries the Sun
"Smile", say the lovers to each other.
cailin raine
No comments:
Post a Comment