Summer storm close to my heart
Rain pounding down like the blood in my veins
Force of life-shared abundance
Soul-water, thunder rumbling
What a powerful sound!
Akin to my mind and speaking in my ears
I am loving the closeness, reaching to touch the sky
In innermost thought I am lost and yet
Connected to God
He rules the heavens which open and give forth
The summer storm.
Raindrops pound-washing the picnic table
Dance-clogging on my deck
Ecstatic shout-stepping high
Bounce-kicking for joy and keeping time
Participating to the utmost to do their part
In the cosmic depth
Happy to partake of
The summer storm.
I rest quietly and watch content
Behind my pink, cotton-curtained window
Overhead the graying, thick-dense sky
Idles above my slate-blue roof of wooden-comfort
I am warm-dry inside for now
Bathed in soft-watching smile and my
Blissful awareness of His gift
The summer storm.
No comments:
Post a Comment