Friday, 5 August 2016

I Would Touch Him Now



I would touch him now
Just the hem of his long coat
Or the cuff of his sleeve
Oh, but for another chance!
I was So close...
I had only to reach out my hand to touch him
As he shook and spoke with the Spirit ~
I was so dumb
Moved inside, but I could not move toward him.

He spake with His Authority
His Wisdom
In respect and awe and love and honour
In Obedience to His Majesty
His body trembled in human weakness
As the Great Spirit within,
Emerging with profound strength,
Made Itself known
To dispel all doubt
And ingest a healthy fear.
Messages given so majestic and powerful!
The wondrous energy surged from a Source beyond...
"I Am the Lord Thy God!"

I could not reach out to touch him then
But I would touch Him now.


cailin raine

1 comment:

  1. This happened to me when I was living at Beaver Meadows, a single Mom raising two kids alone... I was distraught... with a myriad of health problems. No one back then even had a word for "fibromyalgia". Claudette Taylor invited me to a men's dinner (ladies night) which was affiliated with the Baptist Church at Flesherton. Before dinner there were speeches, and prayers. An old man in a worn, outdated suit stood up, just behind me... I looked over at him and I looked down at his feet. He spoke with a strong, unearthly voice... I do not believe it was his own. I wanted to get down on the floor and touch the hem of his pant leg. I battled within.... worrying about "what people would think". Was I even worthy? As worthy as Mary in the Bible when she touched the hem of Jesus's robe? I wanted to move. I could not. Or would not. The man shook, trembled with the vast Power that had a hold on him. When he was finished he sat down, with a kind of wonderment on what had taken place. I felt like I had missed a Divine opportunity to be healed. I truly believed that to have touched his hem... would have changed my life. I have lived with this regret ever since. It is over 3 decades ago now, and my health has been an immense struggle. No, I could not touch him then. But I would touch him now.

    ReplyDelete