Tuesday, 29 August 2017

Sunflower Chatter: Ode to Meditation

I heard them chattering to each other
All the sunflowers growing in fields upon fields
They waved and danced and swayed
As if to music, but it was each other they loved
They did not stop, the sweet chatter went on and on
It was a sound I wished would never stop.

The psychic had asked us to go to a setting
In our minds where healing takes place
I leaned back and relaxed and let my higher self
Take the reins and give my mind space.

A new picture emerged of a sunlit life
Where beauty abounded, and there was no strife
A peacefulness fell all about the huge fields
As the little faces smiled I felt my heart yield.

Each sunflower held a dear face in its light
With petals surrounding their wee smiles just right
Their countenance glowed with an essence so sweet
And my heart swelled with love with every heartbeat.

They asked if I would listen and so I answered slow
Well yes, of course I’d try very hard from my life down here below
But they shook their heads and they waved their leaves
Said, You don’t understand! that you can come up here and sing
And help your soul feel glad… see anytime, just open your heart
We all will be right here, hold our hands and make your peace
You have nothing child to fear!  Then I heard His voice,
Was truly clear, it felt like summer rain, it fell upon my ears
Then whispered, with a touch that took away my pain.

The sunflowers took up a chatter, like no other I ever heard!
They belted out their little songs, and their petals all unfurled
They laughed, they cried, they came to me with a Love I’d never known

And I knew that God had healed my soul, and one day I’d go Home.

cailin raine

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I can see them swaying in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae, that was how I had my vision... a thousand or more sunflowers all swaying in the wind, all smiling faces, all chattering gaily!

      Delete