Saturday, 9 April 2016

Oh What A Song I Could Sing



If I could just see what kind of a girl
Would have emerged from life’s nurtured way.
If I could glimpse… just once her gay smile
And watch her lighthearted play.
Oh, what a girl who’d have taken that road
To dare life to bring happiness!
Oh, what a girl who would reach for the sun
And all on her path would be blessed.

I once was that girl who walked in the beams
Of the soft and romantic night moon.
I danced in the clouds and believed in the world
And knew that true love would come soon.
But along the way too much hurt came along
And slowly that spirit did fade
The sun didn’t shine and I sang not the song
And I paid for the life that I’d made.

Now a soft breeze blows just under the sun
And sometimes the waves lap the shore,
And I walk in the light of the full, silver moon
And believe that there still might be more.
For although much was lost and her spirit was tossed
She still soars with the eagle’s strong wings,
And inside of her heart on a soft summer night
There still is a song that she sings.

cailin raine




No comments:

Post a Comment