Give me the stars that echo silent thoughts of hope
Dreams and wishes never ceasing
Give me the moon that I may wish my dreams come true
With life and love increasing
Give me the sunset hues of pink and yellow splendor
And I shall find the sun
Give me the fleeting wishes, heartfelt sighs of sorrow
Until we two are one
Give me the flickering light that fades but never dies
So I can know his ways
For I have sought to make our two souls meet
Until then I will count the days
Give me secrets whispering in dark shadows 'neath the trees
And I will bend on humble knees
To pray for summer nights of love and softness new
Until this life escapes from view
Give me the roaring ocean tide that creeps and falls
But struggles on, never lost
I like a flickering candle, weak and failing
In love's strength never tossed
Give me happiness and sorrow as the striving world
goes on
Smiles and tears, fortune and strife
Give me his hand to hold, his love to share
And I'll give you my life
cailin raine
This piece was written in my bedroom on our farm when I was seventeen... in 1970. I wrote it for Guy Moore who has recently passed away from cancer in April of 2018. He was sweet, shy, and very well loved by his family and many friends. Rest in Peace dear friend :)
ReplyDelete