A magic ritual that honours the full moon and the solstice
And the spirits of the forest smile kindly on their fuzzy kin.
The moonlight bathes the veranda in soft luminescence
Quietly I wait in the shadows of the doorway, hidden by the wooden beams
I stand barefoot, softly waiting...
He is there, sleeping in the big, four-poster bed
Wooden rafters above us protect on the cold, blowing nights
When ice crystals are cast outside across the porch floor.
But tonight it is summer warm
The breeze is gentle, the full moon is crisp
Tiny wisps of cloud sift across the moon goddess face
And my eyes tear at the beauty of this place
As I watch the rabbits dance.
Near dawn he awakens beside me
And runs a loving hand down my back
Pressing the softness of white, cotton lace
And warm flesh against his form
He holds me and knows that I have been awake
And in that mystical place
That we have shared before.
He smiles with the memory; he knows the shifting shadows
The ethereal beauty of this magical display
The rabbits dancing upright to an invisible harp
Music of the night that draws a magic from within
A sweet, unbelievable gift under a strawberry moon.
cailin raine
This piece was written for a fellow dreamer, and true romantic, Bill Miller from Santa Rosa, California in 1996.
ReplyDelete