Saturday, 18 June 2016

My Beaver Valley Place

As the applewood fire glows on the golden, shimmering wall
I think of crimson colours in the Beaver Valley fall
I dream of autumn sunsets on top ‘the escarpment face
And have come to now acknowledge that there is no better place!

For this is where my childish heart first learned to love the woods
And the Beaver Valley River held my soul like no one could
Still I feel the pull of God as I walk upon this land
And His rainbow glows about Him as He reaches out His Hand!

It was after Mom had passed that the double rainbow came
And my Dad and I stood, watched it, and it called out our names
It was in my heart I heard her voice, ‘twas softly that she said,
“ It will be no time at all until you’re here with me again! ”

The valley hills then echoed with a silence most profound
And I turned to touch the blanket on the line and there I found
That the pattern made a picture, in its centre was her face
And I wept for the magic in that sacred valley place.

Later in the graveyard, a crimson rose from her I found
Near my car door as I opened it, to leave, homeward bound
The rose was satin on my cheek; I turned the radio on
Conway Twitty sang “The Rose” as on my cheeks the tears rolled down.

Then later still, ‘twas in the graveyard when my Dad had gone on too
That the black and white butterfly around my face gently flew
She matched my dress so perfectly and it seemed like a goodbye
And silently I thanked it, wiped the last tear from my eye.

It’s in the apple fire that these images still live
And every time I think of them, my thankfulness I give
I look into the fire, as I smell the apple flame
And remember all the beauty when the double rainbow came.

Now, it’s in my dreams, that in Beaver Valley I still roam
For now and forever, it will always be my home!
I write my soul on paper for my progeny to keep;
It’s in the Beaver Valley that my bones one day will sleep. 
                                                                                                                                                 cailin raine

No comments:

Post a Comment