I’d only seen a decade
when into our family you came
And I had another sister
then, and things were not the same
For your cheerful smile
added so much, a friendly way to see
And you made me feel like
I mattered, a better way to be!
As the “baby” I felt
unseen, but you never left me out
When others interrupted
me, I’d shy away and pout
I couldn’t help but
notice that you always stopped to hear
Your kind eyes would help
to heal my wounds, I knew that I was dear.
You noticed things the
others didn’t, you laughed at silly jokes
Days we spent
cross-country skiing were envied by other folks
I always felt so welcomed
when I’d come again to your door
I’d enjoy your
hospitality and your shining, spotless floor!
I miss those days in the
valley when life did not seem so rushed
And maybe one day I will
again feel that peace when all is hushed
A better way to live lies
beneath the craggy “Old Baldy” heights
Or perched high on the
Bruce Trail, looking down at Kimberley lights.
Hiking in the forest on
Bud’s Trail always brought a smile
You were fun and bubbly
and always ready for that extra mile
Apple-picking in the
Apple Baron’s orchard was a comical delight
And somehow just your
being there, made everything turn out right!
I’ve been so blessed with
siblings who are decent, clean and nice
Our Lord knew what he was
doing when He threw His special dice
I got the luck of the draw
when Glenn chose you for his sweet wife
Dear Carol, I‘m so very
thankful to have you in my life.
love always,
cailin raine
No comments:
Post a Comment